Solar Cookers International developed a testing station to collect data in a performance...
The Call for Innovations for the SDGs 2017 is initiated by the UN in collaboration with the Global Innovation Exchange (‘the Exchange’), and will take place from February 24 to March 21 2017. The Call seeks concrete scientific and technological innovations to achieve the six SDGs that are the focus of the second Multi-stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the SDGs (STI Forum) in 2017:
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
All innovations are welcome and will be reviewed carefully. This year, we are placing a special emphasis in learning about those innovations where the Internet may have played a significant role in knowledge sharing and technology transfer.
Following the Call for Innovations, a group of eminent experts will select key examples of innovative solutions. Subject to availability of funding, representatives of the selected innovations will be invited to participate in the STI Forum 2017, and exhibit their innovations at the United Nations Headquarters in New York on 15 and 16 May 2017.